2&4 Wheel Motorsport LTD is seeking to appoint independent Director to support the organisation and strategic direction.
2&4 Wheel Motorsport LTD is a voluntary association formed in 2002, acting as the umbrella organisation for the four regulated motor sport governing bodies in Northern Ireland, liaising with government on key issues and setting the strategic direction for motorsport in Northern Ireland. It represents the common and shared interests of the four governing bodies, Association of Northern Ireland Car Clubs (ANICC), The Motor Cycle Union of Ireland-Ulster Centre (MCUI-UC), The Motorcycle Racing Association (MRA) and The North of Ireland Karting Association (NIKA).
The Director roles are voluntary. The appointee will commence their role from the AGM in April 2024. In line with our Articles of Association, the maximum term in role is three years. The 2&4 Wheel Motorsport LTD Board meets in person at a minimum of four times per year however normally six times a year.
No prior experience of Motorsport is required. However, knowledge or experience within the sector would be an advantage.
The Board of 2&4 Wheel Motorsport LTD have recognised the need to appoint a director with the ability to perform the below criteria;
• Ability to contribute to strategic thinking and direction;
• Ability to listen, communicate and influence effectively;
• Ability to build effective relationships and work effectively as part of a team;
• An understanding of the environment within which the 2&4 Wheel Motorsport LTD works
• Analytical capacity, intellectual flexibility and sound judgment;
• Ensuring that the independence of the 2&4 Wheel Motorsport LTD is maintained
• Capacity and skill to understand the functions of the 2&4 Wheel Motorsport LTD, priorities of 2&4 Wheel Motorsport LTD members and an ability to inspire confidence and support amongst key 2&4 Wheel Motorsport LTD members.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to informal interviews, which will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
To apply: send a CV and cover letter and return to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 8th March 2024.